$25.00 per person
All proceeds from Soirée en Blanc South Bend 2015 will be donated to Hello Gorgeous of Hope, Inc. Registration is now open.
Soirée en Blanc South Bend is an ephemeral transformation of a public space by a mass of diners dressed all in white – an elegant pop-up picnic dinner.
The location is kept secret until the last possible moment. The spectacle of a sea of diners dressed in white provides a lovely surprise for passers-by and enhances the urban environment.
It is non-commercial and non-profit; all proceeds are donated to our featured non-profit beneficiary. The fee required of guests goes to cover the costs inherent to the organization, e.g., portable lavatories, music, security, and other small surprises particular to each event.
The evening takes place in a public place that was not designed for such a purpose and is often crowded. It must necessarily be very controlled in order for the future events to be held.
- Table captains will be responsible for recruiting and organizing a block of guests. Ideally, they should meet off-site and arrive together, then at the designated time, quickly set up the tables and be seated as a group.
- Seats are allotted on-site in a very specific manner. Once confirmed, the presence of each guest thus becomes essential and mandatory, regardless of weather conditions.
- Table seating is symmetrical with men seated on one side and women on the other.
- Participants arrive and depart at the same time.
- Guests depart with all their belongings, leftovers and trash, leaving the place as clean as it was upon arrival.
· No children, please.
Each guest will bring:
- A table large enough to accommodate your guests, chairs, white cloth tablecloth and white cloth napkins (cloth napkins are necessary).
- A picnic basket comprised of quality menu items and a white china/stoneware dinner service including proper stemware and flatware. The overall effect of your table should be white, elegant, and chic. Feel free to bring candles, white flowers, or other charming extras.
- Wine or champagne are acceptable. Hard alcohol is prohibited.
- With the exception of shoes, guests’ entire outfit must be white (white attire is encouraged, light khaki and light pastels are acceptable). Hats and creative attire are encouraged, but always with a nod to the elegant nature of the event.